Have you ever dreamed of starting your own business? Do you receive Unemployment Insurance benefits?
With the Self-Employment Assistance Program (SEAP), you can collect the Unemployment Insurance benefits you need to pay your bills while you work on that dream!
- You can work full-time on your new business while collecting Unemployment Insurance benefits
- You don't have to look for jobs while you work on your business
- Money earned from your business is not deducted from your Unemployment Insurance benefits
- You stay on track for success with training and counseling
- You get opportunities to build a network of support to launch your business
You must receive a written acceptance into the SEAP before you can start your own business while collecting benefits.
SCORE programs and services are accepted resources for SEAP participants.